Wednesday, April 25, 2012

INEXPENSIVE BEAUTY TIPS 101

I usually don't do this but I wanted to be normal for a second and talk about normal daily life lol! If that makes sense, well us women are always spending unnecessary money on products that NEVER work! I am a VICTIM, yes victim of the "waste your money" help group. Until now, I recently have been an avid fan of the all natural website www.curlynikki.com and I freaking LOVE it! I've gotten so many tips on my hair and skin care as well. Please check it out ladies it is soooo worth it!

Now, I pride myself in having pretty good skin but every now and then I would suffer from breakouts. It was starting to get out of control. After immersing in Curly Nikki's website for natural hair maintenance, I discovered homemade skin care remedies on the site as well as www.livestrong.com (<--- THEE ISH!!!)

One remedy that caught my eye was the Brown Sugar Facial Scrub. I am an AVID fan of brown sugar I use it on EVERYTHING! I haven't touched regular sugar in YEARS! Brown sugar is the truth y'all! Anywho, here is the recipe for it: (Note: This is the measurements I use, your skin may be different so measure accordingly to your problem.)

1 TBSP of Brown Sugar
1 TBSP of honey (I suggest raw honey)
Several drops of  Lemon Juice
Few drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Apply in a upward circular motion, let it sit for 15 minutes, massage with the tip of your fingers very GENTLY, rinse, then apply a steaming hot towel on your face until it cools, then moisturize.

*Brown Sugar exfoliates dead skin cells, tighten pores, evens skin tone.
*Honey is a humectant that retains moisture in the air.
*Lemon Juice is a skin brightener, lightening dark spots and blemishes
*EVOO softens and moisturizes the skin without clogging the pores.

I have sensitive/dry skin so its a must I add EVOO, I have a few blemishes so the lemon juice def helps. I added these two but you don't have to. I also moisturize with Unrefined African Shea butter after.

Proof that this stuff works here are two before and after pics. (NOTE: I am wearing make up but its very light, Bare Minerals).
BEFORE

                                                                         AFTER
If you zoom in on the pics my pores are tighter in the 2nd pic. This stuff works! So try it out and let me know what you think!
XOXO, Keila

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete