Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shea Moisture Repair & Transition Kit Review

Hey Guys,

<--CurlyKeila :)
So, this past September I was the winner for the Naturally Curly 'Grow Out Challenge'  and won free Shea Moisture products!!! Yay!!! So, of course I had to test it out last night. Here are the results:

Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo: I like how thick this shampoo is it's like a conditioner; very sudsy; didn't have an odor; didn't strip my hair and left some moisture. I would recommend this shampoo.

Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner: This is moisturizing however I had to use a lot of product, I hate that its not as thick as the shampoo. This conditioner to me was too light for my taste; I prefer As I Am Coconut Co Wash. This may work on curlies who use lighter products.

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque: I really like this, it left my hair so soft! I left it in for like 40 minutes, the jar says 5-30 minutes but I was eating gumbo lol. The smell isn't that bad, it smells at first but I had completely forgot about the odor once I started applying it. I would definitely recommend this!

Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir: This smells sooo good! I applied this after putting the Tresemme Naturals as a leave in. I think I put a tad bit too much so I would advise to go easy on it.

As far as the next day, my hair doesn't feel as moisturized I know part of it is due to the weather. Also, I should have put the Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie in then sprayed the elixir. Not sure, but I will give this a go again and make a video blog next time.

Naturally Curly is still doing the Grow Out contest so go sign up and start blogging and win some free products!!! Check it out here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlynikki/grow-out-challenge?utm_source=nc_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20121227_grow_out_challenge

Until next time y'all,

XOXO Keila

UPDATE: I recently did a hair tutorial on a few of Shea Moisture products reviewed here, so you can check that out here: http://youtu.be/dB-oH-MxbGI

No comments:

Post a Comment